Visiting or living in a new place for the first time? One of the best ways to get to know an area is to get lost and just drive! Of course, if you don't *really* want to get lost, we understand. That's why Southern Delaware Tourism has partnered with The Cape Gazette and some wonderful local tour guides to provide armchair tours of Sussex County each month that you can enjoy first in the comfort of your home or hotel room, and then can get out and explore in real life too!
Discovering all that lies off the beaten path in the out of the way nooks and crannies of a place can be an amazing adventure. Whether you are a new resident of Southern Delaware or a frequent visitor, a history buff, a veteran shopper, an art lover, a foodie, or an outdoors enthusiast, you'll find lots of interesting places to check out in Tourist at Home - so take the time to have fun discovering and exploring some of Sussex County's lesser known locations and attractions. Use the below articles to get started and check back each month for new ideas!
- Tourist at Home: Lewes: The First Town in the First State
- Tourist at Home: Millsboro stays true to hardworking roots
- Tourist at Home: Farm Tour of Western Sussex County
- Tourist at Home: Nanticoke Heritage Byway: Phillips Landing and Laurel
- Tourist at Home: Discovering history along the Nanticoke Heritage Byway and Beyond
- Tourist at Home: Nanticoke Indian Powwow set in Millsboro Sept. 9 - 10 (This fabulous event takes place the weekend after Labor Day each year. Lots of good info in this piece!)
- Tourist at Home: Seaford Filled with Historic Gems
- Tourist at Home: Georgetown Museums and Beyond
- Tourist at Home: Visiting the Circle in Georgetown
- Tourist at home: Bridgeville: If you lived here you would be home now
- Tourist at home: Visit Greenwood