Paddling Adventures & Boat Tours
Southern Delaware's numerous ponds and rivers are perfect for canoeing and kayaking. Naturalist-led canoe and kayak outings are regularly offered through several of the state parks. More than seven miles of water trails run through the Prime Hook National Wildlife Refuge. On the western side of the county, the Nanticoke River and its tributaries provide miles of calm waters. Canoe and kayak rentals are available at the state parks, or contact one of the Chambers of Commerce for local rental businesses. Most towns feature canoe launch points. If you've always wanted to try stand up paddle boarding (SUP) or wind surfing, take a lesson with Delmarva Board Sport Adventures. You will have a blast out on the water!
For a Coastal Delaware Paddling Map, click here.
To arrange professionally guided tours and rentals, contact:
- Bethany Surf Shop I 302.539.6400 I Stand Up Paddle Boarding, Kayaks, Surfboards, Canal & Ocean Tours
- Coastal Kayak | 302.539.7999 | Stand Up Paddle Boarding, Kayak Rentals, Sailboat Rentals, School of Costal Kayaking
- Delmarva Adventure Sports I 302.228.9885 I Canoe and Kayak Rentals & Tours
- Delmarva Board Sport Adventures | 302-260-9008 | Stand Up Paddle Boarding, Wind Surfing, SUP Yoga on the water, Sunset Trips and other tours
- Delaware State Parks | 877.98.PARKS
- ECOBAY Kayaking Adventures | 302.841.2722 | Kayak Rentals, Tours focused on Inland Bays, Sunset Trips, Picnic Lunch on the Beach
- Quest Kayak | 302.745.2925 | Kayak Rentals and Tours
- Delaware Paddlesports | 302-645-7300 | Kayak fishing tours, social paddles, sunset paddles, SUP instruction, SUP tours, private tours, rentals, sales.
Additionally, for those who love boat rides but prefer not to paddle, there are a variety of boat tours of our bays and canals to choose from including eco tours, history tours, sunset cruises, music cruises, etc. For details, contact:
- Cape Water Taxi | 302-644-7334 | Eco Tours, Osprey Banding Cruises, Broadkill River Sunset Cruises, Fireworks Cruise, Live Music Cruise, History Happened Here Cruise, Delaware State Park Cruise, To the Bay and Back Cruise, Delaware Bay Discovery Cruise, Milton Cruise Along the Broadkill River, Charters
- The Sand Dollar | 302-858-7030 | Private Party Cruises, Bay Cruise, Sightseeing Cruise, Eco Cruise, Daily Sunset Cruise, Weddings
- Back Bay Tours |302-539-0707 | Banana Boat Ride, Bay Fishing Trip, Sunset Cruise, Sandbar Exploration Trip